Femininity and sensuality are the two most powerful forces in a woman’s life. A woman has to feel beautiful, empowered, and confident about herself for her to be able to face the world with courage and enthusiasm.
The exterior or physical appearance gives a strong foundation for such self-confidence as it is closely associated with a person’s personality. A woman with a well-toned and healthy body oozes out that much-needed sex appeal, which is both inviting and heart-melting.
A woman’s breast size plays a vital role in her overall physical appearance. Having big breasts enhances her beauty greatly, while having small, saggy breasts makes her feel insecure about herself.
Fortunately, several cosmetic surgery procedures can be used for breast augmentation or enhancement. It will help a woman gain that much-needed boost to her self-esteem.
What does the process involve?
Breast augmentation involves placing a breast implant under the muscle or fat tissue. The breast’s shape, size, and volumeare thus altered to provide a more firm shape with an enhanced look.
It is done by making an incision in the area between your cleavage, i.e., just below your breasts, where there is a gap between your breastbone and collar bones. It is done to provide more space for the surgeon to work with.
Once the space is created, an implant of silicone or saline will be placed under the chest muscles or fat tissue. The incision site is sutured after ensuring complete recovery of the skin.
The implants are inserted either under the muscle or over it. Implanting them over the muscle is called sub-glandular breast augmentation. However, implant placement will solely depend on the surgeon’s judgment performing your operation.
What happens after the procedure?
Every procedure has some post-operative instructions to be followed. You must follow these instructions carefully so that your recovery process can be accelerated and you do not feel any pain or complication during the time of healing.
- You will be asked to wear a surgical bra after the surgery, which should be worn for 1-2 weeks. It is done to provide support to your busts and protect them from any injury.
- You may have some bleeding or oozing from the incision site immediately after the surgery, which usually stops within a day. There might be some swelling from the implant, which will also subside within a few days.
- You may feel pain and tenderness in your chest for 2-4 weeks after the surgery, which can be controlled by taking prescribed medication. Make sure that you do not take any painkiller containing aspirin as it increases the risk of bleeding.
- While showering, be gentle and use minimal pressure with your hand to clean the affected area. Do not use any soap or body wash as that might lead to infection.
- Only a doctor should remove the stitches after 1-2 weeks post-surgery as you might feel uncomfortable if it is removed by anyone else.
In conclusion, breast augmentation is a safe and effective form of cosmetic surgery which can help you get rid of your complexes. The procedure aims to enlarge your breasts’ size, making them firm and well-shaped.